eResource@APHN – Everything Palliative Care
“Many hospice and palliative care workers in the region are very isolated. Some are asked to run palliative care wards without any training in palliative medicine. Others are trying to set up hospice home care services with few resources. They lack textbooks. They have no journals. They have no one to ask if they run into trouble.
We hope that this website can become a resource for them, and for us all, not just as a knowledge base but also as a source of inspiration and encouragement.”
~ Dr Rosalie Shaw, former Executive Director of APHN
Members' Access Only
- APHN Directory of Palliative Care Services for patient reference and activity collaboration
- Paediatric Palliative Care Service Directory
- APHN Dialog lecture videos and slides
Click here to go to member's site.
FROM AROUND THE REGION
- What is Palliative Care? (APHN)
- Quality of death Index 2015 (The Economist Intelligence Unit; Lien Foundation)
- Global Atlas of Palliative Care at End-of-life (WHO)
- Making Difficult Decisions with Patients and Families: A Singapore Casebook (Centre for Bioethics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine; Lien Foundation)
- Catalogue of Dr Dame Cicely Saunder's archives, the founder of the modern hospice movement
- After Cicely video (with Mandarin Subtitles)
- Life Before Death Short films
- Last Words
- The Pain Project - Dying without Morphine
- What is palliative care?
- When and Where is Palliative Care Delivered
- Why Palliative Care?
- Facing death a documentary by Channel News Asia, Singapore
- A Good Death, by PRN Films New Zealand
- Talking Point - A Good Death, by Channel News Asia, Singapore
- Finding hope on the edge of life by The New Paper, Singapore
- Journal of Palliative Medicine (RECOMMENDED!)
- Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care
- Drug information for hospice and palliative care (Palliative Drugs.com)
- Educator Toolkit (Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School; Singhealth, Singapore)
- Palliative Care e-Lecture Series (Hospice New Zealand)
- Acute Pain Management: Scientific Evidence (4th edition) 2015 (Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists and Faculty of pain medicine)