Notice of Annual General Meeting
APHN Secretariat 29 June 2020
c/o Division of Supportive & Palliative Care
National Cancer Centre Singapore
11 Hospital Crescent
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network (APHN)
Notice is hereby given that the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of the APHN will be convened and held *by way of electronic means virtually on 8 September 2020 at 1700hrs (GMT+8) to transact the following business:
As Ordinary Business
1. To confirm the minutes of the 19th Annual General Meeting held on 2 August 2019.
2. To adopt Annual Report for Financial Year ended on 31 December 2019.
3. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2019.
4. To re-appoint as external auditors, Bestar Assurance PAC for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
As Special Business
1. To approve the changes in APHN Constitution.
|This Notice has been made available on the APHN website and may be accessed at https://aphn.org/ |
By Order of the APHN Council
Dr Masanori Mori
In light of the COVID-19 situation and pursuant to the relevant order under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020, the following arrangements will be adopted for the Annual General Meeting:
1. A member will not be able to attend the Annual General Meeting in person. A member may only attend the Annual General Meeting by observing and listening to the proceedings of the meeting by electronic means.
2. A member may submit questions to the charity via post or email. The questions must reach the charity at least 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting; All substantial and relevant questions will be addressed by the Council prior to the Annual General Meeting. Questions that concern a matter that will be put to a vote will be addressed by the Council before the closing date for the lodgement of proxy forms. Such questions will be addressed via the APHN website/ at the upcoming virtual information session on 8 September 2020.
3. An Ordinary Organization Member, with active membership status, may only vote by appointing the chairman of the meeting as the member’s proxy to vote at the meeting by depositing with the APHN an instrument of appointment (also known as “the proxy form”) by post or by electronic mail to [email protected] The completed proxy form must reach the APHN at least 14 days before the time for holding the Annual General Meeting.
4. Members or delegates must pre-register here from now till 5.30 pm on 21 August 2020. Documents relevant to the Annual General Meeting are accessible on the APHN website upon successful verification.
5. Please ensure you have an active membership in order to attend the eAGM. If you wish to renew your membership, please email to [email protected].