From Lien Collaborative for Palliative Care Newsletter
The Paediatric Longitudinal Assessment of Needs (PLAN) framework, designed and used by the team to facilitate interdisciplinary communication during meetings, was presented at the monthly SHC-LCPC multidisciplinary forum. Mr Desmond Tan, a medical social worker, and Ms Li Kejia Lily, a registered nurse, both are part of the multidisciplinary team at home based Star PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support) programme at HCA.
There were five dimensions the team needed to assess.
- Physical and nursing care where diet and symptoms needed to be managed.
- Practical and financial aspects such as the equipment loans and financial assistance.
- Spirituality for existential issues.
- Family and social aspects such as getting community and bereavement support.
- Handling grief, including negative emotions
Read the full article here.