The Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network (APHN) is pleased to announce that the Cynthia Goh Award Program will henceforth be part of our biennial Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Conference (APHC). The goal of this program is to recognise individuals that promote the development of palliative care within their regions or around the world.
Individuals will be recognised for this award if they have:
- contributed to building capacity, advancement and provision of palliative care
- dedicated selflessly to promoting and supporting the alleviation of pain and suffering from life-limiting illnesses of patients and their families in order to improve their quality of life
One award will be presented onsite at each APHC unless otherwise stated due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. global pandemic resulting in a virtual conference). The award comprises of:
- Fully paid attendance to the APHC of that year including economy airfare, hotel lodging and registration fees
- One year of APHN individual membership
- 15 minutes to present an acceptance speech at the APHC of that year
The APHN Executive Committee will evaluate the applications and select the best nomination. The winner will be selected based on the information provided in the application. The committee will be evaluating based on the nominee’s work to advance palliative care provision, education, research, and service provision in the community, region or abroad.
- Candidates must be nominated by an APHN member. No self-nominations are allowed
- Nominees may or may not be a current APHN member
- Nominations are to be submitted online via the application form
- The deadline to apply is 30 June 2023. Nominations submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Individuals who have received the same award in the past.
- Members of the APHN board of directors, officers, staff, and advisers, are not eligible for this award
The award recipient will be invited to the APHC of that year to give a presentation of their work subject to the approval of the APHC Scientific Committee.
To apply for the bursary, please fill in the necessary information in the form below.
Deadline for application: 30 June 2023