The 21st century is facing an unprecedented trend of population aging, including in many regions in the Asia Pacific region. Governments and healthcare systems recognise the importance of Advance Care Planning (ACP) in helping people to live well and to leave well.
ACP is a complex intervention that is culture and context specific. In our universal endeavour to engender person centred care in healthcare systems and a more compassionate society, we are more similar than different. In this day and age of fast developing medical technologies and evolving social norms, ACP brims with both challenges and potential and a renewed understanding is needed.
This book is a paean to the multifaceted nature of ACP as well as a timely update regarding the current landscape of ACP implementation and practice across the Asia Pacific region.
Note: The launch of the book is estimated to be in Feb 2024. The promotional code will only be valid until the end of Feb 2024.
- How can I order the book?
You can purchase the book from two sources: Amazon and the World Scientific Website at https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/13534#t=aboutBook. However, please note that the discount code mentioned in the presentation slide is applicable only on the World Scientific website. To take advantage of the discount, we recommend using the link provided for the World Scientific website.
- Can I leave my contact/email to be informed when the book is available before deciding to order?
Yes, you can. We will keep your information on record and notify you when the book is available. However, please be aware that the discount or promotional offer is not guaranteed during this notification period. To enjoy cost savings, it is advisable to make your purchase during the promotional period.
- Do I need to pay the full cost upfront or just a down payment?
You will need to pay the full cost of the book when placing your order.
- When and how will the book be delivered?
Once the book is released, our sales department will mail it to the address you provided during the checkout process.
- How will I know if my book will be ready?
If you have not received your book within two weeks after its release, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
- Can I order the book to be delivered to other people or colleagues?
Yes, you can. Simply provide the desired delivery address during the checkout process.
- Is there a contact person I can reach out to after placing my order if I need further assistance or have questions?
Absolutely. You can contact Sook Ling at email@example.com for any inquiries or assistance you may need.
- Are there any hidden costs, such as shipment fees?
Shipping fees will be clearly displayed during the checkout process and will vary depending on the destination country. You will see the total amount, including shipping fees, as well as the applied discount when using the discount code provided in the slide.
- Once I receive the physical book, will I also have access to an online version? How can I access the online version?
No, the e-book is considered a separate purchase. It will be released approximately one month after the physical book’s release.
- What should I do if I receive a book with damages or defects? Can it be replaced?
Please email your concern to Sook Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will forward it to the relevant department for further assistance in replacing the damaged or defective book.