Dear Doctors, Nurses & fellow healthcare professionals,
Palliative Care and Cancer Symposium (30th September 2018)
We would like to invite interested participants to attend our forthcoming Palliative Care and Cancer Symposium which would be conducted on 30th September 2018.
In many countries, palliative care access remains limited. In national cancer programmes, patients are often referred very late in their disease. There is now significant evidence of the benefits of palliative care in cancer care and it is imperative that palliative care is given greater prominence as part of a country’s cancer control strategy. Cancer pain relief is another cause for concern and many patients, especially in low resource countries, still have difficulty accessing medicines for pain relief.
This symposium will discuss on the evidence for palliative care in pain and symptom control, reducing suffering, meeting patient goals of care and the economic implications for countries in implementing palliative care programmes.
Facilitators for this workshop are:
- Dr Stephen Connor – Executive Director, Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance
- Prof Richard Harding – Director of the Centre for Global Health Palliative Care, Kings College, London
- Dr Elizabeth Gwyther – CEO, Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa
- Dr Emmanuel Luyirika – Executive Director, African Association of Palliative Care
- Prof Jim Cleary – Director, WHO Collaborating Center for Policy and Communication in Cancer Care, USA.
- Prof Julia Downing, CEO, International Children’s Palliative Care Network
- Prof Cynthia Goh – Chair, Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network
- Dr Richard Lim – National Advisor to Palliative Medicine, Ministry of Health, Malaysia
- Dr Ednin Hamzah – Vice Chair, Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network
- Dr Siow Yen Ching – Palliative Medicine Specialist, Ministry of Health, Malaysia
Registration for the workshop can be done on our website: https://www.hospismalaysia.org/palliativecareandcancersyposium/
For further information, please contact Kai Lee at 03 – 9133 3936 (ext: 207) or email [email protected]
Dr Ednin Hamzah
Chief Executive Officer, Hospis Malaysia