The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) is pleased to announce it will provide ten (10) Traveling Scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 16th World Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) in Berlin, Germany on May 23-25, 2019. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2018. The results will be announced late January 2019.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome to apply. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Preference will be given to applicants who:
• Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
• Have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
• Whose institution is an IAHPC active member. To see a list of institutional members click here.
• Are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. To see click here.
• Are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
• Graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
• Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance is required.
• Describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only, applicants will need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
More detailed information about the application process and the online form are available at the IAHPC website.
If you need information on how to apply please contact Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Programs Officer at [email protected].