The World Health Organization in Geneva has just released a 91-page guide to help countries wishing to develop palliative care services.
The guide is titled “Planning and Implementing Palliative Care Services: A guide for program managers”. It is developed is in response to the passage of the World Health Assembly resolution on palliative care in 2014. Useful resources inside includes:
- An overview of palliative care services
- A guide to establishing palliative care services in various settings
- The necessary components of a comprehensive approach to palliative care
- Many resources and tools and
- A number of useful appendices on medicines, equipment and supplies, and sample curricula for volunteers, medical doctors, and clinical officers
Read here for the full article.
The guide can be downloaded from the WHO website at: http://www.who.int/ncds/management/palliative-care/palliative_care_services/en/