Dear APHN members,
The call for applications to the UICC’s Young Leaders Programme is now open until the 16th June.
The Young Leaders programme is a year-long programme that commences at the 2019 World Cancer Leaders’ Summit and concludes at the 2020 World Cancer Congress. It aims to introduce emerging cancer control professionals to global health policy discussions, influential networks, and other professional opportunities, to help them fulfil their leadership potential and increase their impact within their local and regional contexts.
Eligibility and selection criteria
UICC defines a Young Leader as someone who:
- is up to and including 40 years of age at the application deadline
- is an emerging cancer control professional with demonstrated impact in their network/organisation
- is fluent in English (both spoken and written) for successful interaction at an international level
- is a self-starter with proven experience in community engagement and mobilisation in their local setting
- has the ambition to scale their impact on a regional and global level
The UICC fellowship portfolio includes Technical Fellowships, Bourses pour l’Afrique francophone and the YY study grants
- The Technical fellowships provide funding of up to 3,400 USD for one-month international visits for all cancer professionals working in public health, research or the clinic who have a Master’s degree or medical/nursing equivalent and who work in one of the many fields of cancer control including cancer prevention, cancer causes, cancer registries, analysis of cancer data, early detection, pathology, diagnosis, and prognosis, cancer treatment, patient support, survivorship and palliative care, health economics, universal health coverage and policy or national cancer control plans.
- The aims of the programme are to share best practises, to forge long-lasting international collaborations and to gain hands-on experience from world-renowned mentors. The call for applications is open between January 31 and December 31.
- The Bourses pour l’Afrique francophone is a sub-programme of the Technical fellowships (same eligibility conditions apply) that is dedicated to professionals working in francophone Africa who want to visit a Francophone country to gain new skills. It is in French and the call for application is open between January 31 and December 31.
- The YY Study grants provide funding of up to 10,000 USD for three-month international collaborative projects for cancer researchers who are 2 years post PhD, there is one call per year.
*Note: For APHN members please apply under APHN.